Introducing: Tourism Ambassador Training
Build relevance. Create stakeholder alignment. Create more positive visitor experiences. Empower, upskill and engage your front-line workforce. Boost reaffirming social impressions while reducing your convention and visitor acquisition costs. Gain community support for a common goal – your mission!
Tourism Ambassadors, certified by the nonprofit Tourism Academy, deliver amazing positive experiences so you can assert your claim as a thriving, must-see destination.
Tourism Ambassador Training & Certification
How Tourism Ambassadors Transform Destinations
Protect Your Reputation With Tourism Ambassadors
Tourism Ambassadors are able to rise to the occasion. They defend your destination against any defaming news or opinions. They become certified because they love your destination and gleefully share that passion with others.
Tourism Ambassadors Humanize Your Brand
“The people behind the place…” visitors prefer authentic interactions with destination locals rather than faceless advertising.
Your powerful tourism ambassador certification program is able to assume the responsibility of a grassroots marketing and sales team without necessarily being paid.
Ambassadors Spread Positive Word of Mouth
The voices of your tourism ambassadors serve the best interest of your destination because they are trained, willing and able to provide positive word of mouth and dispel any negative associations with each and every visitor they encounter.
Tourism Ambassadors Help Grow Your Destination
Creating positive visitor experiences, your tourism ambassadors become certified to help your destination elevate its brand perception, generate more social impressions, increase repeat visitation, become a more desirable leisure destination, conference location, and add room nights to the typical length of stay.
Hello, Sheena & Stephen Here
We lead the tourism development and instructional design teams at The Tourism Academy. Together with a team of instructional designers and business psychologists, we have built and run a portfolio of online learning solutions made just for the tourism industry. We speak to the needs of destination marketing organizations and their stakeholders. On this site, we share everything we’ve learned along the way. The courses and content we create are the training we wish we had before starting this journey.
We hate the cheesy, amateurish and underwhelming side of travel industry education and so we focus on being fluff-free and actionable.
Recent Blog Posts
A decade ago, grassroots marketing was nothing short of a subsidiary tactic for generating brand awareness. Marketers didn’t put any value to the frontline visitor experience until recently, when social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and TikTok began having an influx of users. Today, what was deemed a marketing afterthought is estimated to be a $5-$10 billion industry.
Despite this opportunity, some destination marketing organizations (DMO) and convention & visitor bureaus (CVB) are still skeptical on whether they should invest in designing and maintaining a tourism ambassador program.
So let’s get down to certified business.
There are certain actions every destination marketer or DMO already knows and follows when starting every tourism marketing campaign; email marketing, social media, SEO, etc. But, even though the above mentioned are effective and have been proven don’t you want just a little bit more? Don’t you still need a positive visitor experience and to wow each visitor who arrives for a site inspection or their first visit? Let’s talk about becoming Certified.
Certified and credible tourism ambassadors are able to offer many benefits, with the most important being the ability to give your brand a boost on social media, spread positive messages, create positive visitor experiences and influence consumer (and convention) sales.
The most effective are those who are able to provide customer service and act as spokespeople for your brand. Tourism ambassadors also benefit from this process because it gives them an avenue to expand their professional network, give back to their communities, learn new skills and improve at customer service for free. The below infographic goes into more detail about just a few of the major benefits of from having your own tourism ambassador program.
The Ambassador Rewards App
Why choose the tourism academy?
Local Stakeholders including:
- Transportation hubs like Airports, Rail Stations, Bus Depots, etc.
- Activities, Attractions & Events – arts, culture, heritage, casinos, sports
- Government – City, State, Federal – elected officials like mayors and city council, government employees like police and community outreach
- Community Members – Passionate Volunteers & Local Citizens
- Conference Hotels, Convention Centers & Meeting Places
- Local Mom & Pop Shops and Downtown Merchants
- Community & Workforce Development / Economic Development
- Schools & Higher Education – colleges, universities, community colleges
- Lodging & Hotels – home rentals, beds & breakfast, RV parks, hotels, etc.
- Bars, Clubs, Lounges & Nightlife
- Real Estate and Reinvestment Firms
- Places to Dine – coffee shops, restaurants, classy joints and local favorites
- Commercial Real Estate – malls, downtown alliances, retailers, districts, etc.
- Event Facilities – convention center, arena, theaters, concert halls, sporting events
- Modes of Transport – Uber, Lyft, taxi, cab, shuttle, public transit, local trolly, limo, motorcoach
- Tourism Promoters – Destination Marketing Organizations (DMO), Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), Chambers of Commerce & Community
- Economic Development Groups
- Medical Facilities – Urgent Care Centers & Hospitals
- Everyone else – Tourism Spending benefits every local person and entity through reduced taxes and economic development, including local banks, corporations, etc.
What Destination & Tourism Professionals Say About Our Team and Our People
Ready to Get Started?
We offer a number of tourism ambassador training and certificate opportunities with unbeatable benefits, customizable to meet your objectives.
If you’re interested in starting a tourism ambassador certificate program, becoming a sponsor or promoting your brand with The Tourism Academy, call
+1 954.289.4585 or