Tourism 4.0 – The Tourism Industry in Industry 4.0
Did you know that the world economy and humanity is at the verge of one of the most transformational periods in history of mankind?
Have you heard about the ‘Industrial Revolutions’; which from time to time transformed the course of humanity? The first industrial revolution was powered by mechanization, water power and steam power. The second industrial revolution was powered by the mass production of products such as the famous Henry Ford’s Model-T car, assembly lines and electricity. The third industrial revolution was powered by computerization and automation.
Now, the fourth industrial revolution, known as ‘Industry 4.0 (4IR)‘ will be powered by Cyber Physical Systems, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics is set to unleash the next wave of disruption at an unprecedented scale and force!
How will the Tourism Industry adapt and disrupt the game?
A course with a simple and comprehensive beginner’s guide to ‘Tourism 4.0 – The Tourism Industry in Industry 4.0’!
In this course, there are ELEVEN sections which cover over 60 lectures worth over 3 hours of content;
- Section 1 – Introduction to the Tourism Industry – Discover what the Tourism Industry is and the vital role it plays in shaping Society. Learn about the different types of tourism such as Adventure Tourism and Virtual Tourism as well as the other industries which are related to the Tourism Industry.
- Section 2 – Key Insights about the Tourism Industry – Discover Key Insights about the Tourism Industry and its contribution to Global GDP, the rise of Experiential Tourism, Personalization of Travel and the rise of Sustainable Tourism.
- Section 3 – Introduction to Challenges of the Tourism Sector – Explore the challenges faced by the Tourism Industry such as Infrastructure challenges, regulation and taxation, seasonality issues and technological challenges.
- Section 4 – Opportunities for Innovation in the Tourism Industry – Discover the opportunities for innovation in the Tourism Industry including Personalization, robots and automation, a more secure travel experience as well as better on-the-job training.
- Section 5 – Introduction to Industry 4.0 – Discover what Industry 4.0 is, what the Industry 4.0 Environment is and the different kinds of Internets such as the Internet-of-Things (IoT), Industrial-Internet-of-Things (IIoT), Internet-of-Services (IoS) and the Internet-of-Everything (IoE).
- Section 6 – Introduction to Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) – Discover what Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) are and what their benefits are as well as their drawbacks.
- Section 7 – The Impact of Industry 4.0 on the Tourism Industry – Discover how Industry 4.0 is impacting and transforming the Tourism Industry including personalization of experience and sustainability, use of IoT, usage of artificial intelligence, secure bio-metric authentication and democratization of tourism based services.
- Section 8 – The Barriers to Implementing Industry 4.0 – Discover about the barriers of implementing Industry 4.0 including the high cost of implementation, lack of skilled staff, privacy issues and concerns.
- Section 9 – The Drivers of Implementing Industry 4.0 – Discover about the Barriers of Implementing Industry 4.0 including Faster Time to Market, Challenges in matching the Supply and Demand, Better Customer Experience (CX), Increasing efficiency and productivity in business processes and Demand for Better Quality.
- Section 10 – The Real World Outlook – Discover about innovative startups and businesses in the Tourism Industry.
- Section 11 – The Impact of Covid-19 on the Tourism Industry – Discover how Industry 4.0 is impacting and transforming the Tourism Industry including short term trends such as the rise of domestic tourism, etc.
Jump right in to learn and discover about all of the amazing and transformative content on “Tourism 4.0 – The Tourism Industry in Industry 4.0” and be updated with latest trends in the world of tech and business! Be a part of Industry 4.0!
About the Author: Hi, I’m Deshan and I’m a Digital Transformation Consultant. I have a M.Sc. in Technology Management (Distinction) from the Staffordshire University, UK as well as First Class Honors in B.Sc. (Applied Information Technology) from the Staffordshire University, UK. I also have around 8 years of experience in coding websites and software; creating multimedia, illustrations and graphics as well as computer simulation and 3D modelling! Feel free to ask any question regarding Digital Transformation, Industry 4.0 and Digital Disruption in the forum!