How to become a Tour Guide
Hi, my name is Paul and I’ve been a traveling tour guide for years. I can tell you already, it is the best job in the world. I get to meet so many enthusiastic people, travel to exotic destinations and enjoy my life to the fullest.
I am very excited to teach you everything that I have learned over the last 10 years as a tour guide. I really believe that after this course, you will have a wide ranging knowledge about your possibilities in the tourism industry. I want to make sure that after this course, you have a concrete action plan to put into motion. Whether you want to start your own business or find a job in the field, you will know exactly what to do to increase your chances of success.
This course gives you all the building blocks to become a great tour guide.
You will learn:
- All about the tourism industry. Tourism is a growing business with lots of opportunities!
- Current trends in tourism
- How to talk to people.
- How to create captivating stories that people will love
- How to get your clients to like you
- All the different kinds of jobs available in tourism
- Tricks to get amazing reviews
Also, you will need to work on your charisma and public speaking. Don’t worry, it’s really not as hard as you think. So in my course I’ll also dive into.
- Improving your charisma
- Vocal exercises to be heard well
- What to talk about on tours
- Where to find fun information quickly
- How to quickly prepare guided tours
And finding a job in tourism can be a bit tricky if you are not prepared well, so my course includes
- How to find a job
- Prepare for job interviews
- Create tourism experience if you have none
- Example Cover letters
Any tour guide, local guide or tourism professional needs to know how to deal with emergencies. I will teach you..
- How to deal with problems on the road
- How to deal with injuries and complaints
- Dealing with difficult people
- How to work in different cultural environments
- How to deal with different languages
One of my career highlights was starting my own business, so I could really create the tours that I wanted. I’ll tell you all about..
- The pros and cons of starting your own business
- How to start a successful tourism business
- How to become a successful local guide